Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thankful Tuesdays: Mother's Day


The hubby isn't the type that celebrates occasions.  For Mother's day, he even asked me what I wanted to do!  But we did have a nice Sunday lunch after church at this little place called "Royals and Rice" which served Vietnamese food.  Their Vietnamese turned out to be more Asian than anything, but I was glad to have clear beef soup and fried wantons for a change.  Anything is probably better than German food, which we've concluded isn't anything to shout about!   


The eatery had comfy sofas, and a rather nice view of the church next to it:


And the mango pannacotta was decent.


And at night, the hubby declared he would do the cooking and washing up for a change.  (These days I have been cooking everyday since eating out isn't cheap.  W usually only eat out for Sunday lunches and sometimes Saturday lunches, so not having to stand at a stove/sink was quite a nice change.)  So I hung around with the kids and read to them, while he pottered in the kitchen and came up with this:


It turned out pretty good, and he cooked everything without referring to any recipes... save for the rhubarb sauce which I had stewed up the day before:

I really love the seasonal veggies here!

All in all, quite a pleasant way to spend the day with family.  But of course, what I'm most thankful for would be having the opportunity to just spend time with those 3 boys of mine!

A rare family shot taken at Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands.  Tulips by the millions!

I hope all you mothers out there had a blessed Mother's Day.  What are you thankful for this week?


Mum in the Making

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! This is alasmydear on my other google account - just wanted to tell that I've nominated you for the Liebster blog award. Check out my post here (http://tropicalsewist.blogspot.com/2012/05/pseudo-complicated-front-knot-dress.html) to pick up the award. Sorry to make things extra busy for you, but I really enjoy reading about your adventures! Happy belated Mothers' Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby also isn't the romantic kind that will put too much thoughts into celebrating special occasions.. so I was very touched this year. But your hubby seems like a good cook :) I love all the pics in this post too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...