Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thankful Tuesdays: Counting down

We are officially down to having nine weeks left before baby #3's EDD (both Js came at around 39 weeks, so that means its more like eight weeks to D-day). I guess the usual jitters about labour and delivering the baby no longer really bother us... however, its how we'll manage with three little boys that more or less makes me rather nervous. With two, each parent can take one kiddo when they are being difficult. However, with three, its no longer so simple.

Also, we're a little at a loss of how to sleep-wean Lil J, who still is co-sleeping with me. He can be very stubborn and feisty, and all our attempts to gently get him to sleep on his own have failed thus far. Add to that his terrible two tantrums, and well, we foresee that this little boy may be quite a handful after baby arrives.

I guess October is going to be a busy month, with us having to prepare the boys for baby's arrival. Lil J is also turning two this month, and we'll also be driving up to Malaysia for a wedding... so its going to be quite an eventful period!

Whatever the case, I'm still thankful:

:: For God's love and how he has taken care of all of us.

:: For the hubby, who has been a tower of strength. He chips in for the housework and tries to take the boys out so that I can rest, and I'm grateful for all his help.

:: That these two get along pretty well. These little moments, seeing Junior J teaching Lil J from books make me smile.


:: For my parents, who have been helping out with the kids here and there. It does make it easier!

:: For a relatively smooth sailing pregnancy. I was pretty worried when a recent urine test showed some traces of sugar, but I guess that has been a reminder that I need to take care of myself on top of caring for the family.

So here's to the rest of October! What are you thankful for this week?


Mum in the Making

8 comments:

  1. 9 weeks! How exciting!! I hope everything goes well in the final lap, Jus! =) Everything will work out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Summer! I'm hoping it'll all go smoothly! :)

      Delete
  2. Aww you just reminded me that I too have 8 more weeks! #3 sounds like a lovely addition to your already loving family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I remember your EDD was near mine! All the best and have a safe delivery!

      Delete
  3. Take care! Can't wait to see the littlest addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me we've yet to meet up yet! Gotta arrange a playdate soon!

      Delete
  4. Wow that pic! They look so alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha at first glance they do. But people who know them better say that one looks more like Papa and one looks more like me!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...