Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thankful Tuesday: It's been a little hard


I'm finding it hard to be thankful this week. The kids have been taking turns to fall sick. Baby J has been keeping me up for the past few nights, because he's been having difficulty sleeping with all the congestion and cough. The washing machine has been busy with all the sheets that I keep having to change. The hubs has been sick too, for the past two weekends. And now... I too have finally succumbed.

I know as mothers, we are indispensable. But these days, indispensable can weigh heavy, and I admit I am very tired. This season will pass soon enough I'm sure, so I'm just praying for strength and patience. And I am thankful for little mercies, and new days.

So for today, it's over to you. What are you thankful for this week?


Mum in the Making

2 comments:

  1. Hey there , I've bumped into your blog recently and now an avid follower. I'm sure things will get better in no time for you and family :). Tomorrow will be a better day :D.
    My 4 yr boy had a fall from his daddy's bed in the wee hours today and my heart skipped a beat. I'm thankful that he's alright with just a swollen lips. He's of course cranky and all.. but I've learnt lesson not to allow him to sleep on his daddy's bed anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! So you ARE human after all! Oh you, please let yourself take a break occasionally! You are doing so so so much! Even if it means taking a moment to complain a little, just go for it!

    This week I am grateful for "seeing the light". It's suddenly become very clear to me what my priorities are, and what I should be focusing my time on and what I can very easily say "no" to.

    I hope your family gets better soon, and your sheets dry fast

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...