Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baby mobile alternatives

We received a hand me down mobile from hubby's colleague, but hubby managed to break it when trying to put batteries in it, so we've been trying to find cheaper alternatives to hang above the cot to entertain the baby.  So far, baby J has a hot-air ballon that has managed to keep him amused and happy for abit, which allows me to eat my lunch in peace.  We've placed Sesame street characters inside the balloon basket to make it more interesting, and he gets very excited when the balloon starts to sway in the wind. Since then, I've been trying to find other things that can be hung above the cot along with the balloon.  Paper cranes seem too small, and when I chanced across this tutorial on folding a kusudama (oops I forgot to mention that it was via this lovely blog "The Light Garden"), I thought it would be perfect.  So I did this version using left over wrapping paper that I had.  Can't wait to hang it above the cot!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! What a great idea to use it as a mobile! Thanks for dropping by the blog. I appreciate your comments so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...