Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday Surfing: Books by colour


Hello! How is your weekend looking? I've been on a cleaning and packing frenzy, as the house has been a terrible state and we are expecting guests this weekend. Here's one of the only neat corners of the house right now, in Junior J's room. The top of the chest of drawers houses our globe, and Junior J's glyptodon fossil which he assembled from an excavation kit. He's been asked to keep it safe up there, since the fossil has lots of small parts which could be eaten by the baby!

The top also is home to our collection of books by M. Sasek, which I love. We don't read them very often since the books are a little advanced for Junior J (we bought them in the UK, and they were so much cheaper there!). I couldn't help but arrange them by colour. Which brings me to my question: how do you organize your books? Are they alphabetized by titles or authors? I thought arranging them by colour was a pretty nice idea, but I'm not sure whether I'd be able to do it with an entire home library of books. However, these two ladies have done it, and you can click here and here for two lovely examples!

Books aside, here's some interesting reads I've had for the week:

:: We've just concluded our "Day in a Life" series, and I loved looking into the lives of these mums, all 26 of them.

:: "10 great ways to be an unhappy mum" had me pondering for awhile, and I admit sometimes I'm guilty of some of these thoughts! What about you?

:: I love the idea of these fall foilage cards. Pretty aren't they?

:: These free paper hardware printables make my hands itch to get out some mod podge and dress up some furniture. I guess I'll just have to wait until next year when we are back in SG!

Have a blessed weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to those 10 thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rina, she was pretty spot on, wasn't she! I am plagued by many of those thoughts too. Guess we have to keep reminding ourselves to think positive and enjoy the journey! Big hugs! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...