Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wordless Wednesday: The boys' room, right now

Made by Junior J. A tarbosaurus! 

I just had the opportunity to clean up the boys' room a little, so I thought I'd just snap a few pictures of how their room looks, right now:


Both the older boys now share the room. (You can see our previous room tour here, when it was just Junior J in there.) Lil J sleeps below. 

I forgot to tell the hubs to flip the panel when he fixed up the Kura bed.
The blue of the bed bothers me for some reason, so I'm planning to do something to those panels.

We added two shadowboxes for some display storage, and they were filled up by Junior J. He also stuck some of his own stuff around the bed. I love how the area around his bed represents his interests right now. 




Lil J has his own obsessions: his blue pillow, his stuffed toys. Most days he brings random things to bed: essential oil bottles, cards, books. 


The crane mobile is still here. Baby J loves it, so I think I need to make another for his cot.


We'll be making some major changes in time to come, so I thought it'll be nice to have a pictorial record of how their room looked before we changed it!


Linking up with:
  new button
Photobucket
My Little Drummer Boys

10 comments:

  1. Love the posters and the shadow boxes (and their contents)! :p Let me guess, the blue bothers you coz it kinda sort of clashes with the wall blue??? :p Just hazarding a guess for the fun of it hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela: Yes its something like that! It's just too... bright, and I'd prefer if it was white!

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely! We are part of the Kura club too! Have recently moved meimei to share the room with Jiejie and everything's everywhere. Perhaps when we get rid of the cot and flip the Kura around, meimei can sleep below. But for now she's just too much of a climber!

    We've got a big room but the tricky but is that there are so many functions that need to be done in that room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adora: Yes I know, but I thought you did such a beautiful job doing up the room so that it played all those functions! Lil J climbs too, but so far so good. :)

      Delete
  3. We have the same bed, and I am thinking whether to discard it to give two single beds instead because I thought the boys would like their own space. But seeing your lovely shadowboxes, I am thinking, heyyyyy the boys can have their little personal space with that too! Thanks for the idea! The room looks lovely especially with the little handmade trinkets like the paper crane mobile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itchyfingers: I spotted yours on IG! :) And yay! You could also try using those narrow picture shelves from Ikea too. Thanks for the compliments!

      Delete
  4. Love the cute animals in cars clothpegs. Where from? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finallymama: Those were from Ikea. Actually most of the furniture are from Ikea, come to think of it!

      Delete
  5. I love the shadow boxes! What are good idea to give the kids a space to keep their own things. I'm going to get me some too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mummybean: Yay! Share pictures when they are up!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...