Thursday, March 3, 2016

Goodbye February!


I've always thought that it would get easier with each kid, since you get wiser and a little bit better at caring for the little ones. But I was wrong. It was hard with Junior J, since the learning curve is really steep when you start being a mum, and then it got easier with Lil J. After all that we went through with Junior J, from breastfeeding issues to reflux, Lil J felt so much easier to care for! Then Small J came, and now Baby J. I guess pregnancy amnesia makes you forget some of the challenges you face with each child. Whatever the case, February has passed in a haze, and Baby J hasn't been exactly easy to care for. This little one has reflux too, just like her oldest brother, and it affects her sleep. These few days, I've been spending a lot of time having to carry her to soothe her, and she's been really fretful on most days (and nights too). 

But no, I still don't regret having four kids, even though I've barely slept, and I'm sometimes cranky and exhausted. Seeing how all three brothers dote on Baby J helps, and having chocolate in the fridge helps too. And of course, those baby smells and snuggles make each day so much better. They really do. 


This week, we've managed to get school done each day, and I'm thankful for my in-laws and my parents who have been chipping in to help. Mealtimes are still a little bit crazy, since Small J needs feeding, Lil J tends to run off, and Junior J takes ages to eat, and sometimes I wish I could be an octopus and shovel food down all their throats. But I know it will get better, especially when Baby J's nap times become more regular. Meanwhile, I'm just taking it a day at a time. It'll be challenging when my in-laws leave later this month, but I'm sure we'll figure something out!

5 comments:

  1. Poor bubby and mummy! Reflux wise: my niece has reflux when mum eats chocolates and some other food item (I can't remember). Hope that might help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon: Thank you! Yes I know some foods do trigger reflux, that happened with my oldest so I had to watch my diet. Thanks for the reminder! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, one day at a time is the way to go, you awesome Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adora: I still miss seeing you around in cyberspace, so glad you popped by! :) Thanks, and yes, one day at a time! Take care you!

      Delete
  3. You'll make it through super mummy. Glad to hear that baby is adding so much joy in your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...