Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Thankful Tuesday: The year that was 2015


I realize I've been blogging yearly reviews for the past few years (you can hop over to our reviews for 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011), and my heart always feels so full looking back at the year that has passed. They say the days are long but the years are short, and it really holds true, especially when you have littles to care for. Everyday tends to pass by in a blur, and there is often the feeling that you didn't get much done in a day, save to wash grimy little hands, mete out punishments, and yell alot. However, when you look through an entire year, you do find that each year is actually so so full. Full of memories, sweet and bitter moments, and lessons learnt. 

2015 was a year of learning to care for three little boys, and one more little girl on the way...


It was a year of exploring the world together, from Tioman and Legoland, to Taiwan, to our local heritage playgrounds for our playground project




It was a year of learning to prune. A year I learnt to concentrate on what matters, when life gets dizzying and distracting. This was the year I learnt how much I've gained from staying home with the kids. It was the year I learnt how to better understand my very strong-willed child.


This was the year where we had no babies in the family, where the littlest turned two, Junior J turned six, and Lil J turned four


It was a year of a fair bit of making. We had many art adventures and learnt to paint. We made lots of Perler bead creations to raise funds during the homeschool craft fair, and for the SPCA too. 



This year saw us decluttering and decorating the home, and we were blessed to have collaborated with IKEA to do up the living, dining and kitchen areas a little more. 



God has been really faithful, and I give thanks for His never-ending mercies and love. I am so thankful for what has been given to me, my little family, the hubby who is always so patient, our family and friends who are always ready to lend a helping hand, this comfortable little place that we call home. 

I am also thankful for this blog, because it enables me to look back on the year that is past, as well as all you readers for all your comments, support and encouragement. Thank you for always coming back to visit this blog! 

Here's looking forward to 2016, and have a blessed new year ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...