Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thankful Tuesdays

Its been a super busy period since Friday. My parent-in-laws are visiting from Penang, and will only be leaving tomorrow, so we've been busy spending time with them.  On top of that, I've had to go out for fieldwork for the past few days, and we are also trying to set-up and install toilet cabinets as well as a wardrobe for baby J (I gave up trying to stuff all his things into a chest of 2 drawers, of which one is stuck, and ended up buying a Pax wardrobe from Ikea).  

Data collection has been tiring. As we are trying to determine the best time to run the experiments, I'm supposed to observe 3-5 fiddler crabs (among a population of a hundred of them) non-stop for 3 hours, while noting their behaviours at 1 minute intervals. Hubby came with me yesterday and offered to help, but gave up after 16 minutes, while constantly moaning "There has to be a better way to do this!".  He then promptly fell asleep on the beach while waiting for me (to his credit, he was post-call),  and I had to stop data collection after 1.5 hours as it started raining. Today, the FIL was interested in looking at my research and offered to help me, but when we reached there, there was a thunderstorm brewing and we had to leave as there was lightning. Hopefully there will be better weather tomorrow for research as there's alot of data to collect...


Anyway, speaking of the parent-in-laws reminds me of how thankful I am to have such great in-laws. They visit pretty often, especially ever since baby J came, and its sorta nice to have a break from cooking and taking care of baby 24/7. The FIL is a fantastic handyman and helps us with various repairs (as well as setting up all those cabinets that we got from Ikea recently) and loves to bring the dog for walks. The MIL helps to cook and takes care of baby J when I'm out in the field, and is a great help around the house.  I guess it takes abit of adjusting to having them staying with us, but its wonderful to see how much love they shower on baby J.


Ok, that's all folks.  Gotta turn in, there's the wardrobe to assemble tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Am I the only person reading the blog? I hope not, cause you're actually quite a good writer. Quite engaging an entertaining too. Hope weather cooperative today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...