Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful Tuesdays: Almost perfect weekend...

Its been a busy weekend for us, and I've also been catching up on housework these few days (Its amazing how messy things can become when you slack off housework for 2 weeks to study!). I came down with a mild cold on Sunday, but aside from that, the weekend was great! So what I'm grateful for the weekend:

1. Parks: Although Singapore is like a concrete jungle in many aspects, I'm glad that we still have quite a few parks to roam in. The whole family (including the doggy) spent Saturday morning having breakfast at Bishan park, and Nicky had a good time running loose inside the dog run and meeting other dogs. We had so much fun that we're going to another park tomorrow!



2. Parties: Its always so nice to get together with friends for whatever reasons! This weekend, we attended my colleague's baby first month celebration, and I had a good time catching up with some friends. It seems like most of my female friends are now either mothers, or expecting!

3. Pets: Not just the dog, but our fishes too, which always help to calm me down after a stressful day. We brought baby J to two aquariums off Thomson Road (Nature Aquarium and another shop which name I can't remember, except that the uncle that runs the shop is super grumpy but sells fantastically healthy fish!), and he had a good time viewing the various planted tanks.

4. Parents: Again, they were a great help during my exam period, helping to take care of baby J so I could study!

5. Presents: Hubby got me a sewing machine for my birthday and Christmas present, which I am ecstatic about! Can't wait to get down to sewing things after I'm done with my data entry for my research... Thank you dear! :)

6. Piah (basically, biscuits): For an always-hungry breastfeeding mum like me, any permissible snack is always welcome (since I can't eat half the stuff I like due to my diet restrictions due to baby J's reflux!).  We found this little shop selling tau sa piah (green bean paste biscuits) near Nature Aquarium, and their piah is pretty good!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, actually Singapore has a number of parks and nature reserves that are great for family outings:) And...It is good to be able to sew.

    BTW, I passed you an award at my blog. Drop by when you are free.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...