Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Tuesdays: Grandparent greatness

Hello hello! Grandparent's day has been celebrated in various parts of the world this period of time... So I thought a big thank you to Junior J's grandparents was in order. :)  We really thank God for all the love, care, concern and help they've given to us and the little one... They love to just spend time with the little boy, never tire from carrying him, shower him with kisses and gifts... They are truly a blessing to us, and our boy!

And on a related note, since I've been rather stressed with the editing of my drafts, I've taken to using my scissors and inks again. (I know, I know, the hubby says that this blog is fast turning into a scrappy blog, but this hobby really helps me destress, so bear with me!) I decided to do a layout for my dad for his birthday, as my mum hinted that he would like a layout with a picture of him and Junior J, to hang in his office.

I used those beautiful papers from the "So Sophie" collection from My Mind's Eye... and fussy-cut out the leafy designs, and added some more flowers and leaves by repeatedly stamping 2 different stamps on white cardstock, transparency, and the plainer parts of the patterned paper, and cutting them out:

I used white cardstock for the background, punched out flower shapes as masks,
misted parts of the paper using 2 different mists, and then pasted the flowers on!
I also sewed a leafy pattern here and there, and a straight border all around the LO using my sewing machine, added punched borders using the same patterned paper, and dated the LO by cutting out the numbers from another MME paper:



And since the LO would be up at my dad's office, I opted to keep the journalling hidden:
Little journalling book, held shut with cotton twine,
made using that same piece of patterned paper
(I just punched, inked and layered flower shapes, and added an eyelet).
Journalling inside the booklet, when open.
Paper is folded accordion-style to close the book...
I wanted to use a die-cut paper to frame the photo, however, it was too large so I cut two corners of the paper and joined them, and covered up the joined up section with all the plants and journalling!  Here's the full picture:

Layout: My Mind's Eye
Supplies: White cardstock, Journalling card (My Mind's Eye: So Sophie - Simple Things)
Patterned paper (My Mind's Eye: So Sophie - Simple Things Nice Numbers, Forever with You Botanical Blue)
Lettering (AC Thickers Regards, Making Memories Tiny Alphas Teal Ledger)
Brads (AC Jewel Brads Baby Girl), Stamps (Prima and Stampendous)

Thanks for looking! And I promise, no more scrappy stuff for this week! ;)

12 comments:

  1. hahaha, more scrappy stuff!!! keep going ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it's Grandparents Day! I guess it's not so widely celebrated in S'pore, which is a shame because grandparents play such a big role in many of our families.

    I like the gift you've made for your dad, especially the tiny journalling book... so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful details, I love the way you did the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pooi: Yup! Keeps me sane while doing all the rewriting!

    Ing: I'm not too sure when it is in Singapore, but I think it falls in late Sep/early Oct for some parts of the world like the US and UK... And I agree with you, we should celebrate the role they play!

    And thanks! :)

    Samantha: Thanks for popping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!
    Am sure ur dad will love it to bits

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh love the scrap again jus! talanted la u! :)
    also love the idea of journalling booklet, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dorcas: Thank you... I think he was pretty happy about it, haha...

    Bing: Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours on your LO and the layering of fussy cut botanticals !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you should show MORE scrappy stuff! Your entry was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy: Thanks... :)

    Amber: Thanks for dropping by! Haha, the hubby would complain that it's boring if I do that... but your comment encourages me to keep scrapping, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...