Friday, April 22, 2011

To give up your son...


I have always wondered at the account of Abraham being asked to sacrifice his own son, Isaac in Genesis 22, and never really pondered its significance until I became a parent.  And now I ask myself, will I be that obedient?  Do I entrust the life of my precious little boy into God's hands?  Will I, at His command, be able to let go?  And I admit, letting go is a struggle.

Then I realize, while I ponder and doubt, and hesitate... God has already done the same.  But there was no replacement this time.  No ram to take the place of His Son.  Who walked this earth and became man, only to be pierced, only to die.  For us.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
Some days, I can't.  But God can.  And did.

Blessed Good Friday, dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...