Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thankful Tuesdays: Growth

I have been feeling very stretched and drained recently.  Little boy recently had a spate of night wakings, and sometimes would wake up 3-4 times a night.  I've been helping a friend to work out the materials needed for a craft fund-raiser, and that has been taking up quite abit of time, and keeping me up some nights.  Top off the lack of sleep with a cranky little boy on some days, and I admit I've been rather bad-tempered.

Some days I crawl out of bed only 10 minutes before the boy wakes, only to fall asleep again on the sofa while trying to read the Bible.  Some days I conk out with the little boy during his nap.  So tired.  So dried up.  


Just like the plants in my little garden, which I have been neglecting terribly.  


Then the other day, when I was feeling down and rather guilty of not being able to cope with everything... I watered the plants, and saw new growth:


Amidst all the parched, withering plants, were flower buds, waiting to burst into bloom.  Not one spray, but 3 sprays of buds, still alive, despite my neglect.  A reminder that it is God that causes all things to grow.  That while we strive our hardest, or make mistakes, it is still God that is in control.  And suddenly, I didn't feel so drained anymore.  

So while life at home has sometimes been challenging, I am thankful. For that little lesson to look up at all times.  For having loved ones to care for.  For the reminder that motherhood is a calling.

What are you thankful for today?  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jus! Just pop by to say hang in there! Well, for me, I'm thankful for the people in my life I have right now and being able to blog about what I like to do. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue-Ann: Thanks my dear... Glad you're having fun blogging! You take care too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...