Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Thankful Tuesdays: Losing it


We had a pretty bad time last week.  Junior J was going through a difficult phase, and was waking up almost every hour at night and crying.  He was not napping in the afternoons, and was not eating well.  Each meal was a battle, and both the hubby and I were exhausted.

During one of our meal time battles, I lost my cool.  I got angry.  I scolded and nagged.  Afterwards, I apologised to him for losing my temper and asked for forgiveness.

To which he asked me "Mama, where did you put your temper?  If you lost it, I'll help you to find it."

This week, I am just thankful for the grace shown to us.  Especially as we stumble our way through being parents.  And I am thankful for those two little boys that are teaching me lessons day after day.

What are you thankful for this week?


Mum in the Making

2 comments:

  1. "where did you put your temper" awww. how precious!

    hugs, mama, we all lose it once in a while. we're only human

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adora: I know! But I still feed guilty each time I lose it... oh well, guess its day by day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...