Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Thankful Tuesday: Full days

Life has been really full these days, and I thought I should take a breather, and give thanks. Am so grateful to God for:

:: Always reminding us that He is there to be our strength and hope.

:: Days spent tramping about in the snow.


:: Getting some headway in terms of home-learning this year. I've been trying to be a little more organized, and I'm glad that Junior J is now more willing to explore and learn. Previously, he wasn't too keen on many of the activities that I planned, and I must admit I got pretty discouraged. I am heartened and am going to press on! 

:: Warm clothes on cold days. It's been subzero temperatures for the past week, and its been quite a chore to bundle the kids up to go out, but at least we can go out because we do have all that coldwear!


:: The baby, who seems to be putting on a little weight, and picking up words at the rate of two a day. He never fails to make us smile with his excited "tor zhai!" (belly-button) whenever we give him a bath.

:: Brotherly love: These two boys are always getting into some sort of mischief everyday. I am so glad that Junior J has his little brother to play with, especially since he doesn't get to go to school here and we don't know many kids his age. (For some reason, this is one of their favourite activities in the morning when I am in the kitchen prepping breakfast. They find the washing machine irresistible!)


:: The hubs, who's a great dad, and never fails to try lighten my load when he can.


:: Big piping hot cups of tea on cold wintry days.

How about you? What are you thankful for? 

PS: I'm taking a break from running the linky this week, but do come back to link up with your blessings next week. I realized I do miss reading all your thankful posts!

6 comments:

  1. The sight of them in the washing machine is adorable! Over the weekends, I was watching a documentary on Japan's tsumani and am simply thankful to be alive! The sights of the people standing by helplessly, watching their family and friends being swept away is so heart breaking... I'm thankful to be safe in Singapore surrounded by my loved ones and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Susan! Its something we sometimes take for granted, thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. I love the washig machine pic too!!! So cute!! I spent a lovely day with the baby today, just the two of us. Will link that up with you next week!

    Speaking of baby, my my yours has grown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks in advance for linking up! And so nice that you got to spend one on one time with Calla!

      Delete
  3. Love the washing machine picture!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, yes. I couldn't resist taking a shot when they were at it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...