Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Thankful Tuesday: Today


Today, the baby is grumpy because he woke up at night and refused to go back to sleep for two hours.

Today, Lil J didn't want to eat his breakfast and kept leaving the table, and I nearly lost it.

Today, I am really tired, especially from all that lack of sleep. I am reminded about how it is possible to work and get our chores done, but it is being joyful and cheerful in our ministry of mundane that is difficult.

Today, my dad took the kids out, which gave me a breather to rest. I am so thankful for his help.


Today, this little baby smiled at me, flashing all four of his little teeth. 

Today, Lil J told me he loved me. Thrice.


Today, we did more math, and we made more progress. I am thankful we didn't push numbers to Junior J when he was younger and had difficulty understanding the concepts. Now he is interested and keen to learn, and is picking up things very quickly.


Today, the boys played and laughed, and baby joined in the noisy chorus with his shrieking. Today, we read books, both in English and Chinese.

Today, we give thanks for what each day brings. There are no perfect days, but we can give thanks for each day anyway!

"What day is it?" asked Pooh.
"It's today", squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day", said Pooh. 
-A.A. Milne

May our todays be our favourite days. :)
  

Mum in the Making

2 comments:

  1. wow. u did so many things today already! I am thankful I managed to bathe and nebulise my LO who fell ill. and sneaked in a bath and have lunch :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously duno how u manage! ! I m losing it v everyday coz time is so limited especially with no.1 going to pm session. In the morning is a mad rush to eat bathe and nap if I'm lucky. Not me napping of coz! Haha.. home learning I've heaps of materials n ideas but can't seem to find time to execute. Feeling awful especially since I'm starting work soon. Sigh

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...