Friday, October 3, 2014

Foodie Fridays: An easy salmon recipe


TGIF! I'm just popping in to share a simple, favourite meal of ours today! This salmon, broccoli and potato bake is one of my go-to recipes when it comes to cooking salmon. You can get it to the table in 30 minutes, and it is rich, creamy and satisfying. My sort of comfort food, and the boys love it as well.

Some tips for cooking this:
1. I usually do not use the grill for this, but just a regular frying pan. Since I find it a little tricky getting all the ingredients cooked to the correct "done-ness", I've found it is way easier to cook the potatoes and then broccoli in a pot until they are almost done (instead of the timings recommended in the recipe), then add them later to the pan after I've fried the salmon for about 5 minutes. This way, my salmon doesn't get overcooked, and my potatoes do not become too soft. 

2. We usually use more mustard, as the children really love whole-grain mustard!

3. You can purchase creme fraiche at Fairprice Finest. However, if you are unable to find it, you can substitute it with a half-half mixture of heavy cream and sour cream (you can view other substitutes here). 

It's been a really busy week, and I am looking forward to a weekend spent with family! Have a blessed weekend folks, and let me know if you do try this recipe ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...