Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Thankful Tuesday: Grow where you're planted


Lately I have been dreaming a little. About how things might have been if I had the ability to pursue my dreams. Perhaps I'd be an interior designer. Or a writer of children's books. Or maybe I'd be scrapbooking for some company. Perhaps I'd be influential in people's lives.

Many see staying home to care for kids as the cessation of those dreams, which get replaced by the hum drum of everyday life, the never-ending cycle of dirty laundry and crying kids. I have been thinking hard about that, and I've realised that all these abilities that might have helped me to pursue my dreams... perhaps they were given for another reason, because God just knew what He was equipping me for. Perhaps our dreams can sometimes come true, in a way we least expect.

So now, instead of designing interiors for strangers, I get to decorate my own home, so that it fits the needs of my family. I do not publish books, but I get to hit "publish" almost every day, when I log in here to jot down my thoughts. While I don't get any time to scrap, we are still making many memories, which are captured in our hearts and minds.


While I am no longer teaching in a school, or inspiring others in any way... I am able to encourage others to rethink homeschooling, as ordinary me writes about our path less trodden. I am teaching little ones. We are enjoying our times learning and living.


So for the past few days, I've been rethinking what it is to live my dreams. Perhaps I've already been living them, just not in the way I've pictured them. And I am thankful for all that God has provided through these times. We are certainly blessed!


Mum in the Making

5 comments:

  1. I think you are doing a great job! I'm constantly being inspired by your ideas and i really love the huge chalkboard that you have at home.. plus, i love all the photos you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an inspiring and meaningful post! It is true that you are already influencing others (readers like us and your children) and that you are living your dreams in so many ways. For one, the power of loving our children is something that I am constantly amazed with....I do not think I know of so much love before having children! (No offence to my husband and parents, of course, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post, Jus! Love everything you do and you know what? You are already a very influential in many of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so lovely. you're doing a great job, MamaJ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of this recently too, about living my dreams. Have stayed home for 4.5 years. What you've said is so true. "Perhaps I've already been living them, just not in the way I've pictured them." Sometimes God's ways are higher than ours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...