Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thankful Tuesdays: Baby blessings



I'm going to deviate from the usual list of 10 things today, and just ramble about one blessing that is very close to my heart.  Anyway, some time back when baby J was sick and had thrown up all over his cot, I had to carry him after that to calm him down.  While holding the little boy as he cried and hacked, the thought came to me that this was probably just the beginning, and that there will be more coughs and colds to nurse, and more cranky nights to come, but somehow, I'm grateful and looking forward to the journey.  Though we've had to sacrifice our time (and movie nights!) and many other things, I think that being able to be a parent and to bring up a child is a blessing, one that I constantly thank God for. 

One of the most amazing things is to be around to see how baby J learns new things each day, and how he achieves milestones each week.  He's started pulling himself up to stand last week.  He crawls after the dog and pats him energetically (or rather, thumps him on the belly, which thankfully, the dog seems to tolerate).  Just yesterday, he was playing with the box of Chinese flashcards, and figured out how to take the cover of the box off.  I thought that it was a fluke and kept replacing the cover to see if he managed to take it off again (he did), and he eventually got pretty frustrated with his irritating mama who was preventing him from getting his little hands on wrecking the cards inside.  And just today, he's decided to make "Dada" the theme word for the day and has said it about a hundred times already (I'm so jealous! Heh.). 

Oh, and I must say that an even bigger blessing is to be able to take this path of parenthood with the hubby.  Its not an easy journey, but dear God, thank you so much for blessing us with so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...