Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend wanderings: Baluku, baptism & busyness



The weekend has been a busy, activity-packed one, since my in-laws are here, along with hubby's 12 year old cousin (that gives me lots of photo opportunities, which makes me even busier!).  Amidst the usual shopping and eating out, I managed to go out for fieldwork on Friday afternoon along with the FIL and cousin, but that didn't go too well (that warrants an entire post on its own, so I won't elaborate here!)... 

Then on Saturday, while baby J was napping, my mum called me and woke the fellow up.  I ran over to get the boy who was crying, and being a major klutz managed to accidentally ram my head against my bedroom door frame... I got the fellow out of the cot, and he stopped crying to look with great interest at my forehead.  One look in the mirror showed me the reason why: There was a lump on my forehead the size of a quail's egg that was rapidly getting larger and larger by the second... It was like watching someone blowing up a balloon, just that the balloon was my head!  Thankfully, my MIL helped to rub the haematoma (in local slang, a baluku), and with an application of an ice pack, the swelling went down by 60%.  However, I still looked like some weirdo with that lump on my head, and of all days I had to knock my head the day before baby J's baptism!  Ended up going for a quick haircut in the evening to cover up my forehead, which looked like I was some mutant from Heros...

Baby J got baptised on Sunday.  The boy was extremely grumpy from having to wake up early (since we had to report early for a baptism briefing), and we managed to get him to sleep for the first part of the service.  Thankfully, the boy got a 15 minute nap and woke up just before he got baptised, and was groggy and co-operative when he got sprinkled with water...



We had a DG gathering after that at our place as our DG mates D & SY (who are now in the States) were back for a visit, and it was a good time of catching up, eating and drinking tea.  Their son, LJ, was exactly 3 months younger than baby J, and was actually heavier, and bigger than him!  (Yup, baby J's pretty much on the small side, and we're going to see a PD to see if his weight gain's ok...)  And look at those big eyes and amazingly long eyelashes... the boy was ultra cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...