Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend wanderings: Sick, scrapping, slurp...


The weekend started off really promising, since I attended my first ever scrapbooking class at Paper Market @Raffle City on Friday afternoon with an ex-colleague, E.  I've been resisting the urge to take up this hobby, since I know that I'd probably get really caught up with working with all the pretty papers and embellishments, and it'll be a slippery slope for both me (and the wallet) after that!

Scrapbooking: Tools of the trade

However, I thought it'll be good to take a break from all the stress my dissertation was giving me, so I said yes to E when she asked me if I was interested.  The whole process warrants an entire post, so I won't elaborate, except to say that we had fun and learnt some stuff.  And the icing on the cake was the 2 doughnuts from J Co that I had after class (I'm off the elimination diet and slowly introducing dairy back since Junior J seems to tolerate it much better now...)!


The weekend then proceeded to go downhill after that... The hubby was on call on Saturday, and spent Sunday sleeping it off.  Both of us caught the bug from Junior J and fell sick, so I spent Saturday on my own, sniffling and trying to run after the little monkey.  The boy threw up his whole breakfast on Sunday morning (and the dog slurped up some of it... eww) so we didn't make it for church.  But I'd rather elaborate on the nicer bits rather than whine, so I'm striking all that off the record...

The sun was shining through the glass front of the restaurant,
which splashed the name of the shop across the wall. 
Pity I only had the iPhone with me!

We were feeling better on Sunday evening, so we finally managed to meet up with our friends, XX and HB, whose wedding we recently photographed, to pass them the photos. :)  We took the opportunity to try out the food at Cacio e Pepe, which was pretty good:

We all shared the Pietro pizza...

... and I tried the sausage stuffed with risotto.

The hubby tried the recommended ravioli with truffle sauce (which is not on the menu), and it was really good.  Junior J had fun stuffing bits of pizza into his mouth, and we ended the meal with lava cake which was yummy too, and made for a nice sweet ending to a not so good weekend.  Anyway, have a great week ahead!

5 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm attracted to the photographs in your blog! Yours is another blog with beautiful photos and great writings, like some which I visit regularly.

    I also have an interest in photography and scrapbooking, although I've yet to have the time to take them up seriously. Maybe one day...

    It's encouraging that you choose to focus on the positives instead of dwelling on the not-so-pleasant stuff that gets you down.

    Hope that you and family recovers very quickly. Have a great week ahead too!

    And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks great especially the donuts! I would love to scrapbook too but I'm such a disorganised person that I know I'll end up messing up our home LOL....

    Glad to know you are feeling better and sure hope you and your family recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ing! Thanks for dropping by to visit! And thanks for the compliments. :) Actually photography doesn't need to be taken up seriously... you just need to keep snapping and playing around with the angle you shoot etc, after awhile, you'll figure out what works... :) I've been encouraged by your blog posts, keep writing!

    Eileen: Heee, the doughnuts were great, especially after not being able to eat them for a year! I'm sure you'll be a great scrapbooker, looking at how creative you are... do try your hand at it! (I'm super messy actually, and now the scrap stuff's adding to my piles of crafting things lying everywhere...) Hope you've recovered completely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the sausage stuffed with risotto looks ultra-yummy! The ravioli with truffle sauce is good? I've always had a soft spot for all things truffle. I should check out Cacio e Pepe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daphne: The sausage was not bad, but I found it a tad too salty. Ravioli was really good, so that's prob your best bet if you go there! Do visit if you like italian food! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...