Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful Tuesdays: The little sparks that light

I have been feeling rather down lately.  "Stick and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me"?  I've found that words can hurt, and they can break a person.  They can rub raw.  They can nibble at your heart and suck up happiness.  Those "I'm just saying" things, that are said casually, can actually do more harm than criticism meant to help build someone up.  Whatever the case, I'm learning to just grin and bear it for the remaining one week or so.  To keep praying.  And I am reminded that I too, am imperfect, and that it was perfect grace that saved my soul.

So this week, I am very thankful for those little sparks in the rather dark place that I'm finding myself in.  I am so glad for:

:: God who loves me and saves me, wretched person that I am.

:: Hubby, who is always there to help me fight any battles that need fighting.  Who tries his best to lighten my load.  And keeps soldiering on despite his own tiredness, and can always find the energy to run around with both his little boys.

:: The gift of children.

:: This little boy, who is still trying to get adjusted to having a brother who takes up alot of mama's time, but nonetheless is still a sweet soul that warms the cockles of my heart.  His needs and interests are simple, he has hardly any demands for things.  All he wants to do is read books and more books.  Give him crayons, glue, paper and a scissors and he is happy:

"This is the crayon room!" (and today during a similar session, the crayons became ladybugs, which jumped around the page and made random dots of colour.)

:: Little treasures gathered carefully by little hands and brought back and made into random displays of beauty:



:: More flowers for Mama, be it the simple ones from a market trip with Porpor:


... or a huge bouquet purchased with Papa.

This bunch came tottering into my darkened room when I was nursing baby.  It was pretty large, so all I saw was a bouquet bobbing along with two little legs, and a loud "MAMA!  We bought flowers for you!!!", followed by a big sweaty kiss.  

:: All that encouragement that has been left, over here on the blog and FB page by you, dear readers.  And the prayers and encouragement from friends.  Friends do help to make the journey easier. :)

All in all, so very blessed.  How about you?

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there, the week will pass soon. No doubt post baby hormones are also contributing to everything else. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very blessed, dear mama J, and richly loved too! :) I feel blessed just reading this... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww yeah, words do cut deep, but thankfully God's word can heal deep =)

    This week has been very eventful for me, and I'm thankful that I could take the time to enjoy some of God's beautiful creation with good friends. Also thankful that God knows the plans He has for me! I'm excited and nervous about next year now as it's going to be a new chapter in my life, but I know that He'll always be with me!

    Keeping you in my prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're very blessed (:
    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... you hubby and Junior are so sweet! *heartmelt* hang in there, less than a week to go now! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...