Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Made: Father's Day canvas


Junior J and I decorated a canvas as a Father's Day present for the hubby.  It all started off with a 20 x 20 cm canvas, as well as an earnest little painter with his paints and a cotton bud:


I was really proud of him, since he sat there for the longest time trying to cover the entire canvas with paint (except for the section I covered with a piece of cardboard, which was where the photo was supposed to be placed).  We also stuck on some yarn for texture.  However, I made a mistake of giving the boy red paint at the end, which meant I ended up with this:


And try as I might, I couldn't get the other embellies to match such a colour scheme, so I guiltily applied a thin layer of white paint over the red areas to mute it a little, and then started adding stuff:


The red areas ended up looking more pinkish after the white paint went on...


And I stuck on loads of washi tape all over:



And tada!  The final product for the Papa:


Here's wishing all fathers a belated Father's Day! :)

4 comments:

  1. I am really inspired... and may do one like this sooner:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece!!! So inspired to do with my kids.Did you use acryllic or just normal paint? What's a washi tape?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone!


    Zehan: We just used normal poster paints from Ikea. Washi tape is basically a type of paper tape, you can find them in scrapbook stores or shops like NBC, its great for dressing up projects since they come in all sorts of patterns!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...