Friday, September 7, 2012

About being a mummy


In July, blogging mothers from Singapore shared their stories on how being a mother has changed them (read their stories here).  For the past week, we've heard more accounts about their journeys through motherhood.


Today we welcome Sandra, a full time working mom to a pair of boys, aged one year and four years.  She has been blogging since 2006, and chronicles her journey as a mom over at "Sanses".


~~~~~~~


Being a Mummy for more than four years now, the last few years has taught me a little something. My very own “pearls of wisdom,” if you like.

  SANses-1

#1: Don't get mad, get even. 
Get even-tempered, that is. Sometimes (and you can take it from a mummy of two very active toddlers) your kids will drive you up the wall. And then some. I attended a parenting course and learnt about 93% stress-free parenting, and it was a most interesting course! I picked up a couple of parenting techniques and ways to discipline and correct the kids.

 #2: Don't sweat the small stuff.

SANses-2

If there is anything I have learnt, it is that I need to keep cool, and not to sweat the small stuff. So my living room looks like a toy bomb exploded there, it's okay. So my bank account is feeling a tad empty, hey, it’s okay. So my post-pregnancy figure needs some a-losing and a-toning, ok here I have to sweat it out in the gym. Haha!

 #3: When all else fails...
 Take a deep breath and try again.

 And the best thing I learnt…

 #4: YOU are the best mummy (or daddy, for that matter) for your kids – and your kids are blessed to have you (and vice versa)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...