Thursday, December 13, 2012

{Thankful Today} 12 Dec: Growth


12.12.12 wasn't such a great day. Suffice to say that the highlight of the day (amidst lots of whining and crying) was me dropping the baby monitor into the toilet bowl. And trying to purchase some items at a sale with the wrong currency, because I had grabbed the hubby's card and Danish kroner in my rush out. (The lady told me they didn't accept cards, and gave me a puzzled look and very patiently told me "we only accept Euro in Munster". Heh.)

Anyway, during one of those rare moments when the boys were playing quietly together, Junior J came along armed with a couple of nesting boxes, handed me the smallest one and asked "when baby J was in your womb was he this small?". Then before I could answer, he handed his brother the next box and declared "then he grew bigger, and bigger". And he ended off by giving his brother the biggest box, saying "and when you were born, you were this big, Baby J!". I couldn't help but smile. Oh yes, how they have grown. Both of them. Too quickly sometimes, that I cannot seem to catch up. But I am so thankful that we can be there, to be part of their growth.

 ~~~~~~~

Join us in giving thanks this December! Details and the list of thankful topics are in this post. (If you are writing more than one post in a week, do include the date of your post when you add your linky!)


Mum in the Making

1 comment:

  1. U seemed to be the first one who says 12.12.12 wasn‘t that great. Your son‘s comment put a smile on my face.:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...