Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday scrapping: 2 little sketchbooks

Over the Christmas period, I managed to make two simple sketchbooks as presents. These were just bound using twine, with washi tape to hold the twine in place (I really want to learn proper bookbinding in the future!). Here's one for a little boy:

Paper and rocket die-cut from the "Children at Play" collection from Making Memories.

I used a crystal flourish from Zva Creative, pasted it on white cardstock and trimmed it, to make the bling stand out more from the stripes:


And one for a little girl (I really miss working in pink!): 

Papers from American Crafts (lots of Dear Lizzy!), leaves and pearls from Zva Creative


Am hoping these would be put to good use by their recipients. Junior J's own sketchbook is filling up and getting very battered, so I think it might be time to make him a new one too! Blessed weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! You are so good at this! Happy new year yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Summer! Same to you, hope you're adjusting to the new addition! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow...so pretty! You are so great at this! Thanks for sharing and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so yummy! I am gonna make some little sketchbook for myself to practice my handwriting and journalling =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm sure those will be really pretty, like all your creations!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...