Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thankful Tuesday: We will survive

We're now into our 6th week of home renovations. What was supposed to be a four week thing has now been extended, due to various mistakes and changes. We've shifted out from our place, to my mum's, some time after moving back from Germany. Then we moved up to Penang to stay with the in-laws for abit, and then now its back to my mum's. 

I must admit, I am very tired. Tired especially of changes and of moving. Of packing and unpacking and packing and unpacking. And feeling rather guilty because I think the kids are also affected, especially Junior J, who doesn't deal with changes that readily. The lil boy just came down with a tummy bug, and gave us quite a scare yesterday when he couldn't seem to keep any food or fluids down. 

But I really thank God that He's given us enough strength and grace to go through all that has passed. We've survived the 8 hour plus car ride up and down to Penang, with the two boys fidgeting away at the back with Mama wedged between both their car seats (I think if I was a little more pregnant, I wouldn't have fit behind!).

A tired Junior J showing us his fearsome dino claw. He was too tired to roar properly.

We've weathered through the haze. We've survived all the moving and packing. God has seen us through thus far, and He will continue to see us through. So I am thankful. That we're reaching the end of this period. That we can look forward to moving home soon.

I am thankful that we can rest in His loving arms. And can also count on family and friends for their helping hands and prayer.

Boys having fun with Ah Kong at the SAM.

I am thankful that we do not need to worry about the essentials, of food, of shelter, of general good health. And yes, I keep reminding myself, we will survive, with God's grace.

What are you thankful for this week?
Mum in the Making

1 comment:

  1. Yokes. I've been sandwiched between 2 car seats before. Not fun! Hope renos end soon and you can move back into your beautiful house, sit on the sofa and sigh in relief

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...